qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu Unix-Signals

From: Moese, Michael
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu Unix-Signals
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 08:02:27 +0000

Hello QEMU developers,

After doing some search in the list archives and the web as well as greping the (hower quite old - version 0.10.5 ) sources,

I think I need to consult you for some hints. I know my version is quite outdated, but I need this one for it’s

SystemC-integration done by GreenSocs.

Now, to my question: does QEMU use all the available signals, or are there just signal handlers installed for each signal?
Is there any unused signal I could use?

Below some explanation of what I try to do:

I think when I need to deliver IRQ’s from another unix process to QEMU, there is no better solution than sending a signal,

but correct me if I’m wrong. I already have a working, simulated PCI-Device (written in SystemC)  which can send interrupts
to my virtual machine – both are running inside the same unix process, and now I want to add another

SystemC-simulation in another process doing the real hardware simulation.

Thank you for reading my question, maybe you can help me or point me to where to find what I need?

Michael