qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm 1.2, after VM cloning, source_VM error

From: Shashaankar Reddy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm 1.2, after VM cloning, source_VM error
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:02:27 -0400

Hi All,

We have taken qemu-kvm version 1.2 for developing a patch that would do cloning of a VM using pre-copy based live VM migration in qemu-kvm code.

After the migration is completed, we could see the cloned_Vm is up and running, also handled network configuration (assigning new mac and Ip addresses). But where as at the src_VM we see a strange error, when we logged into the src_VM via vnc viewer:
 ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hdd: task_in_intr: status=0x41 { DriveReady Error }
 hdd: task_in_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
 ide: failed opcode was: unknown
 hdd: task_in_intr: status=0x41 { DriveReady Error }
hdd: task_in_intr: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }
--- these above messages are repeating infinitely making the CPU usage of the VM to 95-99% and it would not receive any further request to serve (we  have an rubis server inside the VM ). Though the VM is accessible to the host network (we are able to ping the VM).
Could any one of you help us in this issue?

-Shashaankar
--Never let's schooling
 interfere with Education!!