qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] listing "bus" option in output of "qemu -device $devname, ?

From: Laine Stump
Subject: [Qemu-devel] listing "bus" option in output of "qemu -device $devname, ?"
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 14:33:16 -0400

I was just talking to Michael Tsirkin on IRC about determining which
devices accepted a "bus" option, and asked why this option doesn't show
up in the output of "qemu -device $devname,?" (as happens for addr,
etc). He said this is an old bug, and asked that I send mail to the list
as a reminder that it should be fixed.

So here is the reminder email :-)

(note that I don't currently have any plans to use such informational
output in libvirt; mainly I was interested in seeing it when manually
running the command, as an aid to figuring out the nature of each device
and how they can be categorized.)