qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vNVRAM / blobstore design

From: Kenneth Goldman
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vNVRAM / blobstore design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:43:53 -0400

A few comments FWIW

When I first did TPM 1.2, I stored different parts of the TPM NV data (permanent data, owner evict keys, defined space) in different files.  It got ugly and I eventually changed to one big blob, This was far more portable, worked better for real flash memory, etc.  It also handles integrity and/or encryption with less overhead.

As for encoding, I didn't bother with DER, XML, etc, as the TPM was big enough without importing complex parsers.  The TPM already requires marshalling and unmarshalling code in its native binary format for command and response handling, so I just reused that code.  I added version numbers and count values to handle changes to the format, and a hash to detect corruption.

--
Ken Goldman   address@hidden
914-945-2415 (862-2415)