qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vNVRAM / blobstore design

From: Joel Schopp
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vNVRAM / blobstore design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:12:01 -0500

Yea it's not hard to invent a random format each time we write something
on disk.

But I think ASN.1 BER will be useful to have in qemu anyway.  E.g. it's a
better format for migration than what we have now.  Once we have it in
tree re-using it seems cleaner than maintaining some per-TPM thing.

The asn.1 patches that have been posted seem to be getting a cool reception. If people think asn.1 is the way to go some more review comments, acked-bys, reviewed-bys, or signed-off-bys would make that more likely to happen. The patches have gone through several rounds of review and come with a decent set of tests but still haven't been merged. I think they are very mergable.

I'm pretty agnostic on the encoding format. If the community wanted nvram encoded in sandscrit I'd go off and write a sandscrit encoder. We need to decide on something.