qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cross-compiling QEMU for ARM

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cross-compiling QEMU for ARM
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 15:04:54 +0000

On 10 March 2013 14:36, Leonid Bloch <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am using Buildroot as my toolchain, and the farthest I got was:
> $ ./configure --cpu=armv7hl --static --cc=arm-linux-cc
> $ make
> ...And then I get a lot of errors about libintl and libiconv.

Oh, and I forgot -- don't try to build system emulators with --static:
it's only really meant for the linux-user targets. Do specify
--target-list=[whichever emulators you actually wanted], especially
when you're trying to get your build environment sorted out: this
will massively reduce the build time so you can find out whether
you still have issues to deal with more quickly. [--enable-debug
is also good for speeding up the build but you'll want to drop
that for actual use.]

-- PMM