qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V6 24/33] qcow2: Integrate deduplication in qcow2_

From: Benoît Canet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC V6 24/33] qcow2: Integrate deduplication in qcow2_co_writev loop.
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:31:48 +0100

> I find this expression hard to understand.
>
> We only get here if ds.nb_undedupable_sectors > 0.  In other words, we
> tried to dedup but failed, so we must write data into the image file.
>
> Can we ensure that ds.nb_undedupable_sectors is limited to at most
> remaining_sectors?  Then the expression becomes clearer:

ds.nb_undedupable_sectors can be bigger than remaining_sectors if
dedup_cluster_data was completed at its begining and/or at its ending in case of
an unaligned write.

Maybe I could grow/replace qiov at the begining of writev to ingest the
completed data and increase remaining_sectors so its will be alway >=
ds.nb_undedupable_sectors ?

What do you think about this solution ?

Best regards

Benoît