qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.4.0 release

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.4.0 release
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:31:52 -0600

Hi,

On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of the
QEMU 1.4 release!

http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-1.4.0.tar.bz2

Even though this was our shortest release cycle in the history of the
project, this release contains almost 1400 changesets from 116 unique
authors.

Major features include:

* block: experimental threaded backend for virtio-blk-pci achieving up
  to a 900% increase in IOP rate on very large storage devices.

* migration: threaded live migration, improving latency in other parts
  of QEMU and throughput of migration itself

* usb: usb-tablet can be connected as an USB 2.0 device, lowering the CPU
  usage substantially

* usb: improved support for pass-through of USB serial devices

* virtio-net: added support supports multiqueue operation

* s390: new virtio-ccw machine and transport support

* x86: experimental AHCI migration support and support for device
  assignment for the q35 chipset

* qmp: support for hotplugging character devices

And more...

See the ChangeLog on the wiki for a full changelog:

http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/1.4

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this release by submitting
patches, testing out -rcs, or reporting bugs during the release process!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori