qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-01-29

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-01-29
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:02:25 +0100

Am 28.01.2013 11:59, schrieb Juan Quintela:
> Please send in any agenda topics you are interested in.

I/O port rework:
* Proposal by Hervé: move I/O port list registration to ISA
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-01/msg00508.html

This causes modeling issues since PCI VGA/QXL then register I/O ports
via ISADevice API (using NULL ISADevice* argument) and require an ISABus
in machines that may not have one (e.g., New World Macs).
(kind of a QOM multi-inheritence issue)

Trivial conversion patches were reviewed by me and merged already.
Remaining question is how to proceed conceptually and design-wise in
lack of memory and ISA maintainers.

Background is that ppc has no concept of PIO and needs a "forwarding"
from PCI I/O MemoryRegion to PIO currently:
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=a178274efabcbbc5d44805b51def874e47051325
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=a3cfa18eb075c7ef78358ca1956fe7b01caa1724

Regards,
Andreas