qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] OVMF + QEMU Query- Shell 'cp' command's inconsistent behavi

From: baban devkate
Subject: [Qemu-devel] OVMF + QEMU Query- Shell 'cp' command's inconsistent behavior with Driver.efi and Application.efi images.
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:48:30 +0530

Hi,
Background-
I am trying win2008/Linux installation & boot on QEMU+ OVMF, but bootloader app was crashing so i started doing this experiment with other Images and landed here.

When I debugged it, I learnt that crash is in CoreStartImage() at Image->EntryPoint ().

Experiment-
When I duplicate any application and then execute that application type image from 'fs0:' ( QEMU ATA disk with FAT32 formatted) crashes QEMU, whereas Boot Services driver Image works.

Further debugging i came to know that, Shell 'cp' command is inconsistent with Driver.efi and Application.efi images copy. It's corrupting the only application images after copy and not driver images, I confirmed this using 'comp' command.

Have anyone encountered such behavior?

If need other info about setup please revert back.

Thanks,
Baban