qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:38:20 +0100

Richard Henderson <address@hidden> writes:

  Then you got the wrong branch from the repository:

  translate.c:4055:            case 0x3f6: /* mulx By, Gy, rdx, Ey */

  You need the "x86-next" branch.

I am not a git user, and misundersand the command.

Now I have the correct version, and can confirm that at least mulx seems
to work as I expect from the docs.  Thanks!

I tried to build things on FreeBSD 9.1 and FreeBSD 8.3.  The build fails
is various ways.  The first few problems are related to usb, where
FreeBSD declares many constants (as enums) which have previously been
#defined in the qemu sources.  I started fixing these, but ended up
making larger and larger changes, without getting very far into the
compilation.

I now run this qemu on a GNU/Linux system instead.

--
Torbjörn