qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-1.4 v2] Memory API ioport cleanups

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-1.4 v2] Memory API ioport cleanups
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:35:55 -0600

Andreas Färber <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Anthony,
>
> Am 16.01.2013 00:02, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
>>
>> Please adjust your pull request script to include a 0/M marker if you're
>> also including patches in the reply.
>
> In the past it was you who specifically requested us to always include
> the queue of patches part of that pull as reply! Is this no longer
> desired?

Yes, it is.  My patches tool handles PULL requests without them fine but
for QEMU, I want pull requests to include the patches being pulled.

If you're including patches (and you should), then the first mail should
indicate that it's the 0th mail of the series.

> Or how would I generate 0/M from my bash script? git-request-pull
> doesn't really fit into the "blurb" of a regular cover letter, coming
> with its own stats, so that I generate the mail headers by script.

I don't send pull requests so I'm the wrong person to ask.  Peter/Stefan, how
do ya'll do it?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori