qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions

From: Torbjorn Granlund
Subject: [Qemu-devel] 3 new x86 instructions
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:46:39 +0100

There are 3 instructions, MULX, ADCX, and ADOX, which would be very
useful to see in qemu.  I looked into putting them in myself, but the
startup time for hacking qemu is longer than I can affort in this
period.

Apparently, MULX is implemented in Haswell, while ADCX and ADOX will
appear in Broadwell (or so says the rumours).

I need these instructions for hacking the GMP library (GNUs bignum
library).

Documentation for the instructions is available at
http://software.intel.com/file/45088.

Would some kind qemu hacker consider adding these instructions?

There is support in binutils 23.1 for these instructions, but I think it
is there already in version 22.x.

In the meantime, I'm using an inferior, comparatively slow emulator.
:-)

--
Torbjörn