qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] 1.4 release schedule

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] 1.4 release schedule
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:00:37 -0600

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> On 4 December 2012 18:38, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The definition of the hard freeze bothers me. A few patches that went
>> in after 1.3-rc0 were not bug fixes but just new features, so the
>> difference between soft and hard freezes was not clear.
>
> My vote for this would be to adhere to our definition
> and only commit bugfixes.

Let's get specific.  What was committed post hard freeze that's not a
bug fix?

The only thing I'm aware of is q35.  I asked Michael not to merge that
(he planned to) prior to the hard freeze because there was a specific
change I wanted to be made.  Normally, PCI bits would go through
Michael's tree but I felt the change really needed to be made.

So I agreed to take the bits post hard freeze so the change could be
made.  This is really was an exceptional case though and I don't think
it warrants a change in the description of hard freeze.  This was all
discussed on the mailing list too FWIW.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori