qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm v1.3.0-rc0 / 1.2.1 freeze on OSX 10.8.2

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm v1.3.0-rc0 / 1.2.1 freeze on OSX 10.8.2
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 10:51:42 +0000

On 25 November 2012 05:04, Pi LFS <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've compiled it using the apple-gcc42 toolchain from homebrew.
> qemu-system-arm starts up with a white window, CPU usage goes up but window
> just hangs there. I can access the menus and click the window to switch
> input focus, that's about it.
> There is no debug output/logging to give any clue what it's doing.
>
> My qemu-system-i386 runs fine, so it's probably ARM specific.

You need to give more detail -- what is the command line you
are running, the kernel / image you are trying to run, etc,
have you confirmed that that kernel/image/commandline work ok
on a Linux QEMU and it's not just that we're correctly emulating
a broken guest image?

qemu-system-arm works fine for me compiled with either Apple's
gcc or Apple's clang.

thanks
-- PMM