qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] slow virtio network with vhost=on and multiple cores

From: Alexandre DERUMIER
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] slow virtio network with vhost=on and multiple cores
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:00:53 +0100 (CET)

>>While trying to reproduce the bug, we just detected that it depends on the
>>hardware (mainboard) you run on.
>>
>>Sigh :-/

Hi,

I can reproduce the bug on all my dell servers,differents generation (R710
(intel),R815 (amd), 2950 (intel).

They all use broadcom bnx2 network card (don't know if it can be related)

host kernel : rhel 63 with 2.6.32 kernel

guest kernel : 2.6.32  (debian squeeze, ubuntu).

No problem with guest kernel 3.2