qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS DSP for Qemu
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 14:03:11 +0200

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 02:37:16PM -0700, reed kotler wrote:
> I work for Mips in the compiler team.
>
> A year and half ago, I did a complete implementation  for Mips DSP in Qemu.
> My port has passed all the MIPS AVPs (Architectural Verification
> Programs) for DSP, which is something not available to the public
> but is what all architectural licenses and internal groups are
> required to pass.
>
> In addition, my port implements DSP micro-mips.
>
> When I finished my port I handed it over to our simulation team to
> push upstream and they never got around to doing it. We have several
> new Mips computers that have been developed in that time and they
> were busy with those projects.
>
> It was about to get finally pushed upstream and then this new port appeared.
>
> I would like to still submit our patches .
>
> Please advise.
>
> Out port is complete and already tested to a level which would be
> difficult for someone else to do that does not have access to our
> AVP test suite.

The best help would be to help getting the patches submitted by Jia Liu
to get integrated in QEMU. For that a code review would be appreciated,
but the best you can do is probably to pass the AVP test suite on them.

The patches can be found there:

 http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-09/msg04818.html

Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net