qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] a user here - pci-assign

From: Alex Williamson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] a user here - pci-assign
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:05:23 -0600

On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 10:54 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> I've decided to bother you guys for user list seems.. quiet,
> no, really.
>
> so, novice type of question, where/how do I get hold of the
> values for below options?
> I don't read the code, ain't no programmer, I can't figure
> out how to get hold of the values for
>
> pci-assign.host=pci-hostaddr
> pci-assign.iommu=uint32
> pci-assign.bootindex=int32
> pci-assign.configfd=string
> pci-assign.addr=pci-devfn
> pci-assign.romfile=string
> pci-assign.rombar=uint32
> pci-assign.multifunction=on/off
>
> and, would this be complete list (I saw a bug report online)
> for qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.295.el6_3.2.x86_64 ?
> any user-friendly docs on it? I am tampering with VGAs but
> cannot get it to work, some partial success though.

These aren't the droids you're looking for to get assignment of VGA
devices to work.  romfile is maybe the only interesting one, but only if
qemu can't read it directly.

All of these are options that get specified after:

-device pci-assign

> pci-assign.host=pci-hostaddr

host=2:00.0 (specifies assigning host PCI device 2:00.0)

> pci-assign.iommu=uint32

deprecated, don't bother with this

> pci-assign.bootindex=int32

boot ordering, not useful for VGA

> pci-assign.configfd=string

pass an already open file descriptor for config space access, for
libvirt managed guests only

> pci-assign.addr=pci-devfn

addr=3.0 (specifies the guest PCI address where the device is exposed)

> pci-assign.romfile=string

specifies a file to use as the PCI option ROM, unless you see a warning
about not being able to read the ROM, this probably isn't going to help
you.

> pci-assign.rombar=uint32

rombar=0 disables the PCI option ROM, for cases where it doesn't work or
you don't want it.

> pci-assign.multifunction=on/off

for specifying multifunction devices, ex:

-device pci-assign,host=2:00.0,addr=3.0,multifunction=on \
-device pci-assign,host=2:00.1,addr=3.1

Thanks,

Alex