qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM Call minutes for 2012-09-25

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM Call minutes for 2012-09-25
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 16:35:43 +0200

Hi

This are this week minutes:

- URI parsing library for glusterfs: libxml2 vs. in-tree "fork" of the
same code. (Paolo)
 * code hasn't changed in 2 years, it is really stable
 * anthony wants to copy the code

- there are several commands that do blocking IO
  dump-guest-memory/screen-dump
  convert to asynchronous commands after we move all to QAPI
  only two commands missingto port to QAPI, and one is posted on list
  non-blocking IO to a file is a challenge
  (we have code on the block layer for it)

- how to give errors from OpenFile to the caller
  putting errno as int: bad idea
  putting as strerrno string: also a bad idea, no warantees
  Using an extended error code
  Put it as a string that can be parsed?
  Paolo suggest to create a new error class
  We don't warantee that errors would be "parseable".