qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] Qemu snapshot mode

From: Dunrong Huang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-discuss] Qemu snapshot mode
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 10:25:17 +0800

2012/9/24 xuanmao_001 <address@hidden>:
> Hi, all
> I want to change the path of temporary snapshot file. Can you gei me some
> ideas, or tell me which file will write the  temporary snapshot file in qemu
> source code. thanks.
Hi,
You should take a quick look at block.c:get_tmp_filename(),
int get_tmp_filename(char *filename, int size)
{
// snippet
    int fd;
    const char *tmpdir;
    tmpdir = getenv("TMPDIR");
    if (!tmpdir)
        tmpdir = "/tmp";
    if (snprintf(filename, size, "%s/vl.XXXXXX", tmpdir) >= size) {
        return -EOVERFLOW;
    }
    fd = mkstemp(filename);
    if (fd < 0 || close(fd)) {
        return -errno;
    }
    return 0;
}
So you can simply set a "TMPDIR=/var/whatyouwant" and run QEMU.

--
Best Regards,

Dunrong Huang