qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] EHCI USB regression in 1.2.0 - ehci_state_fetchqtd() as

From: Shawn Starr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] EHCI USB regression in 1.2.0 - ehci_state_fetchqtd() asserting
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:46:15 -0400

On Friday, September 21, 2012 07:35:42 PM Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/21/2012 05:39 PM, Shawn Starr wrote:
> > On Friday, September 21, 2012 02:19:08 PM Hans de Goede wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Ok, so your using host redirection here, see the device usb-host

> >> When you say disable the usb-redirection device, do you mean removing
> >> the host redirection, and selecting the cam for redirection in a
> >> spice client (ie remote-viewer) instead, or... ?
> >>
> >> Can you please try, disabling host-redirection, then connecting to
> >> the vm with remote-viewer and then selecting the cam from
> >> remote-viewers UI?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Hans
> >
> > Hi Hans,
> >
> > I am using usb-host and it works. If I keep usb-host and add
> > usb-redirection it shows those errors.
>
> Hmm, this sounds like you are using spice usb-redir too and the 2 are
> fighting each other. Which spice-client are you using? And are you plugging
> in the device after starting up the vm ?
>
> > Your patch however did fix using host-usb alone.
>
> Good.
>
> > I don't have a setup that can let me use usb-redirection unfortunately.
>
> Why not? Looking at your qemu cmdline you are using spice. Hmm, I guesss you
> may want to keep the device redirected when no client is connected?

Using spicec, it doesn't give me an option to connection devices. I assume
usb-redirection for devices *not* on the same machine as the running VM? If
so, that use case I wasn't testing originally (although useful)

> Anyway, if you could remove the host-redirection temporarily and try with
> spice usb-redir and collect logs that would be great. If you don't have
> time for that, that is ok too, then I'll consider this issue resolved.

I consider the issue resolved solely on usb-host issue vs any regressions with
usb-redirection itself which I never used/tried.

However, if someone can point out how you can test this, I can do this also.

Thanks,
Shawn.