qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Shifts, ppc[64], xtensa

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Shifts, ppc[64], xtensa
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:05:54 +0100

On 19 September 2012 20:53, Richard Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/19/2012 11:30 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> ...but on the other hand that ought to work for PPC too, so
>> presumably my analysis is wrong somewhere.
>
> It isn't.  It's a target-xtensa bug.

> There are two instances of goto_tb $0 in here.

I notice tcg/README doesn't actually mention this restriction
on goto_tb, incidentally.

(I wonder if there are enough easily checkable and plausibly
violated constraints on generated TCG to make it worth having
a debug mode pass which checks them? "Only one goto_tb X per
TB" is an easy check...)

-- PMM