qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] directory hierarchy

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] directory hierarchy
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:03:22 +0200

Il 14/09/2012 15:44, Luiz Capitulino ha scritto:
>> > qapi:
>> > error.c
> error.c isn't tied to a subsystem, it's really "qemu wide". If it
> must reside in dir (ie. it can't be in the top dir), then I'd
> suggest to put it in qmp.

It's either qapi/ or util/.  I'd rather avoid util/ as a dumping ground,
and error.c (and propagation) seemed quite central to QAPI.  But I can
change.

There is no qmp/.  There is qapi/, qobject/ and sysemu/monitor.

Since Anthony mentioned that QOM and QAPI are used together with
QObject, but not tied, putting the JSON stuff in qobject/ made sense
(qga uses it).  Renaming qobject/ to qmp/ makes sense, I can do that.

However, it should be clear that qmp/ is for stuff shared by the
emulators and qemu-ga, so qmp.c and qmp-commands.hx do not belong in there.

Paolo