qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm log

From: Liu, Jinsong
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-kvm log
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:05:07 +0000

Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 01:44 PM, Liu, Jinsong wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm recently debugging a qemu-kvm issue. I add some print code like
>> 'fprintf(stderr, ...)', however I fail to see any info at stdio.
>> Anyone can tell me where is qemu-kvm logfile, or, what I need do to
>> record my fprintf info?
>

> If you're running via libvirt, the log is in /var/log/libvirt/qemu.
> If you're running from the command line and printf()s should end on
> your terminal.

Thanks!

I run qemu-kvm from command line, but due to could not initialize SDL, I run
qemu command via VNC, like
1). test kvm-unit-tests: qemu-system-x86_64 -device testdev,chardev=testlog
-chardev file,id=testlog,path=apic.out -serial stdio -kernel ./x86/apic.flat
-cpu host
2). test kvm guest: qemu-system-x86_64 -smp2 -m 512 -hda test.qcow.img -cpu host
for case 1, there is some printf info of kvm-unit-tests on terminal but no
qemu-kvm printf info;
for case 2, no qemu-kvm printf info on terminal;

Best Regards,
Jinsong