qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] IPv6 support for -net user?

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [Qemu-devel] IPv6 support for -net user?
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 16:43:18 +0700

        I'm writing an iPXE mini-HOWTO (in Russian), using QEMU and
        -net user in examples (so that they're runnable by unprivileged
        users.)

        However, the QEMU documentation [1] seems to suggest that only
        IPv4 is implemented for -net user, which made me curious on
        whether the IPv6 support is planned to be added anytime soon?

        Personally, I'm interested mostly in QEMU sending router
        (prefix) advertisements to the “guest”, and forwarding TCP and
        UDP traffic, although support for recursive DNS discovery and
        DHCPv6 may also be nice to have.

        TIA.

PS.  I hope to announce the mini-HOWTO itself later this week, in both
        the iPXE [2] and planning-ru@ [3] mailing lists.

[1] http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-doc.html
[2] http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.network.ipxe.devel/
[3] http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.user-groups.foss.sfd.planning.ru/