qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU emulation per CPU

From: Naresh Bhat
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU emulation per CPU
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:34:30 +0530

Hi All,

I have the following questions related to QEMU

a.      Does the userland emulation mode of QEMU support running
multiple processes on separate processors? (i.e. if we were running
ARM7 emulation on a x86 machine with 8 CPU cores, can we launch one
ARM7 binary per CPU?).
b.      Same question as (a), but for threads. That is, for a single
ARM7 multi-threaded process,  can we run different threads on
different underlying CPUs?

Note that I only care about user mode emulation, not system mode
emulation. I will appreciate your help if you point me to any document
related to it.

-- Thanks and Regards
Naresh Bhat