qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-scsi vs. virtio-blk

From: ronnie sahlberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-scsi vs. virtio-blk
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:58:47 +1000

You can easily verify if your target supports thin-provisioning via
the UNMAP command.

Download the sg3-utils package
 and either mount the LUN locally via the kernel open-iscsi or apply
the libiscsi patch to sg3-utils to make it iscsi-aware

then use the commands    "sg_unmap"  to try to unmap regions   and
"sg_get_lba_status" to check that the regions are now unmapped.