qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus bugs vs endian: how two bugs cancel each other o

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus bugs vs endian: how two bugs cancel each other out
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:23:31 +1000

On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 15:15 +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > Something tells me that getting that spice/qxl gunk will be more than a
> > trivial effort (but I might be wrong) and I'm reluctant to start
> > committing effort on it since so far I yet have to see it being actually
> > picked up by people.
>
> I think it's prudent to wait until it's merged upstream, then we can
> take another look to see why ppc is so special that it can't just use it
> after fixing any endianness issues.

If it flies there's no reason why ppc can't use it, I'm just dubious at
this stage but we'll see.

I'd love to spend some time endian-fix it (some of that fixing can be
pretty hard when/if things aren't designed "properly" from the start)
but at this stage I don't have the bandwidth to dive into it, understand
the code in details etc... so that will have to wait unless I can find
somebody else to deal with it within the community or my employer :-)

Cheers,
Ben.