qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Plan for error handling in QMP

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Plan for error handling in QMP
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:11:16 +0200

Il 26/07/2012 20:22, address@hidden ha scritto:
> 7. We need to make sure that anything we expose in 1.2 stays that way.
>    If we're dropping 'InvalidParameterType' as a class code, it should be
>    dropped in 1.2.  This could be achieved by making all existing codes
>    except for those in (5) report 'UnknownError' or something.[*]
>
> [*] I took a little bit of license with these.  Hopefully it's not
> controversial.

Sounds great, just a note: I think that at the source level in 1.2 we
should not lose information on what was the "old" error type.  It will
guide the future conversion, also together with tables like
http://pastebin.com/kZtfFnFK.

So let's keep the names as "#define QERR_FOO UnknownError" for now.

Paolo