qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU VNC Audio - All audio data null

From: agraham
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU VNC Audio - All audio data null
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 20:30:29 +0100

On 07/14/2012 06:20 PM, malc wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2012, agraham wrote:

On 07/14/2012 01:55 PM, agraham wrote:
On 07/14/2012 11:44 AM, malc wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jul 2012, agraham wrote:

[..snip.]]

I've just rebuilt QEMU 1.0 (and all of its dependencies) and it has
the same
problem (zero bytes), so some incompatibility was introduced between
0.15.1
and 1.1.0.

Anyone got any clues ?

Please try to bisect the issue.

[..snip..]

I cannot seem to get any further trying to find the source of this issue,
except to say that QEMU Audio over VNC used to work in QEMU 0.13 until about
QEMU 15.1 then it appears to have stopped working as described above.

As i said, try bisecting, doesn't involce too many brainwaves only raw
machine power.

Well, the problem is I'm rebuilding from Fedora spec file and that contains about 122 patches very many relating to spice that could cause the problem and it's in one of these that the bug may be introduced.

FWIW i just built a fresh checkout and it works for me with my own
client...

Which Client are you using?

Are you sure you're not using spice protocol?

I've just rebuilt qemu package from:

This is the latest Fedora 17 Package which builds qemu-kvm-1.1.0.tar.gz + a bunch of patches.

The only patch I've included is: 0001-kvm-Enable-use-of-kvm_irqchip_in_kernel-in-hwlib-cod.patch, because it will not compile without that patch. So it should pretty much match stock 1.1.0

I can confirm that the QEMU VNC Audio still does _not_ work and I get the exact same results, i.e. when I read the sample format data from the socket it contains the right amount of data, but the data contains zeros bytes, this results in silence.

Also I found this:
http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/19179/2346/#post2351

The QEMU version they refer to is Fedora 16 which contains 0.15.x, which confirms my own findings as stated above.

Albert