qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP for PReP architecture

From: Eli Lewis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP for PReP architecture
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 22:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

>>  Maybe
>>  we can change the BSP of POK in order to support the MPC8544DS board.
>
> It's not only the board. Kernel mode is vastly different from the 601
> you're probably targeting today.

Currently POK
supposes to run on a sort of ppc750 processor (I am invoking Qemu with -cpu
ppc32) . Could you please suggest me some useful documentation that could help
me
perform the POK porting?
>>  In QEmu, is the SMP emulation supported for all e500  or for the e500v2
> only?
>
> It should work with all e500 cores. Keep in mind that QEMU doesn't implement
> 100% of the spec yet though, so if you encounter issues, let me know.

Where I can
find (if any) a list of the functionalities implemented/not implemented?

Thank you again for your patient.

Eli