qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG QEMU 1.1] virtio-9p-handle does not compile

From: Aneesh Kumar K.V
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG QEMU 1.1] virtio-9p-handle does not compile
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:15:07 +0530

Stefan Weil <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 06.06.2012 12:50, schrieb Stefano Stabellini:
>> Hi Anthony,
>> currently QEMU 1.1 doesn't compile virtfs correctly on Ubuntu:

> The patch will fix the compiler error messages, but will the
> resulting code work? Maybe it has runtime dependencies
> (Linux kernel?) which should be checked at runtime.
>
> Would an enhanced test in configure be a better solution?
> It could disable VirtFS automatically if the definitions
> are missing.
>
> On Ubuntu Lenny, there is no definition for AT_EMPTY_PATH,
> not even in linux/fcntl.h.

We enable virtio-9p-handle only if open_by_handle_at is supported by
glibc. And if open_by_handle_at is supported by glibc AT_EMPTY_PATH
should also be there, because they all went in linux kernel for the same
feature set. So if glibc didn't pick AT_EMPTY_PATH definition and
took open_by_handle_at feature, it should be fixed in glibc.

BTW I am still not clear why including linux/fcntl.h gives those
compile errors. IMHO fixing those errors and including linux/fcntl.h in
virtio-9p-handle.c would be a better fix than redefining these constants.

-aneesh