qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] help setting up private git for bugfixes / own patches

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] help setting up private git for bugfixes / own patches
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:05:55 +0200

On 19.04.2012 12:01, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Peter Lieven<address@hidden>  wrote:
I want to setup a private git repository for qemu for to tasks:

a)
  cherry-pick existing patches from qemu git and submitting them as patch set
  for the next stable qemu release. i'm talking about patches which have not
  been included yet, but are present in the repository.

b)
  add own patches for submitting them as patch sets for review and possible
  inclusion into next releases.

Is there any good best current practice / how to how to do this?
I'm not sure if you mean a "personal repository" when you say
"private".  A lot of developers have personal repos on github.com or
repo.or.cz.  It's fairly easy to get started with either of these free
services.  You'll be able to do what you described and share the state
of your repo with others.
Yes I meant personal repository. What I was looking for is a guideline
to the commands / steps to do the above taaks.

Peter

Stefan