qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU was not selected for Google Summer of Code this ye

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU was not selected for Google Summer of Code this year
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 23:11:46 +0100

On -10/01/-28163 20:59, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Sad news - QEMU was not accepted for Google Summer of Code 2012.

Shame, there is so much to do.

> Students can consider other organizations in the accepted
> organizations list here:
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2012
>
> The list is currently not complete but should be finalized over the
> next few days as organizations complete their profiles.

I just heard Haiku is on the accepted list.

Last year a student worked on finishing the VirtualBox guest additions I
started writing:
https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/scgtrp/2011-09-05_vbox_guest_additions_slightly_late_final_progress_report

It should be possible to come up with a project involving QEMU on Haiku
if anyone is interested.
While there is an existing QEMU port, I'm not sure in what state it
currently is.

QEMU proved useful to Haiku developers up to now, cf.
http://revolf.free.fr/beos/quf-haiku-qemu-abstract.pdf

> Students and mentors who wanted to participate with QEMU will be
> disappointed.  I am too but there are many factors that organizations
> are considered against, we have not received information why QEMU was
> rejected this year.

Well, ReactOS tried and failed several times to be accepted without
being given any reason, if that is of any comfort.

François.