qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu gdb issue

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu gdb issue
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 02:10:07 +0700

Hi Jacques...

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 14:13, Jacques <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Mulyadi,
>
> I see what you mean. How do I know if this is happening? When I do 'x/i
> $eip' I get a completely sane result with exactly the instructions I want.

Alright, that confuses me too.

The best other explanation I can offer is that if you arbitrarily set
EIP into any address, you might violate the Qemu translation block
(TB) jump (between TB to TB). Maybe you think you correctly hit one,
but by the time it is going to be executed, it is flushed by
translated block cache, so it is read again and re-translated, thus
getting another address in TB cache.

Folks with better qemu gdbstub understanding certainly could offer
better explanation.

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa