qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding "make check" to the QEMU buildbot

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding "make check" to the QEMU buildbot
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:26:11 -0500

On 03/15/2012 12:21 PM, Stefan Weil wrote:
Am 15.03.2012 09:06, schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
QEMU has grown a number of sanity tests that can be run using "make
check". They are fast and do not require many resources.

Is it possible to add "make check" after the build?

We may have to deal with some failures in the beginning - either due to
buildslave environment or legitimate broken platforms. But I think we
can get all green pretty easily.

Stefan

You can combine build and check by running "make all check".
I don't expect much red (if any at all).

The iotests need some disk space (400 MB are sufficient, but I
don't know the lower limit). An incremental build and check
takes typically less than 3 minutes on my virtual server.
I nearly always compile without optimization because that
speeds compilation a lot, and errors caused by optimization
are very rare.

Non-Linux hosts currently won't run the iotests.

Cross builds cannot run the tests.

Once qtest gets merged, there will be a make check-report.html which has a nice HTML output.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Regards,

Stefan W.