qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!

From: Lluís Vilanova
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:39:14 +0100

Anthony Liguori writes:
[...]
>> My understanding until now was that both Acked-by and Reviewed-by were tags
>> reserved to people with privileges to write into the repository.

> That's interesting feedback.  These are all documented throughly in Linux's
> SubmittingPatches (which I think ours refers to).

It does indeed link to that file, but when referring to the "Signed-off-by" tag.

Maybe adding a line there pointing the user to look for a description of
relevant tags in sections 12 to 14 might help.

Still, it's not completely clear to me the difference between review and ack.

BTW, the links in the wiki pointing to CODING_STYLE and HACKING are broken, but
it seems that I forgot my user name or it has been deleted, and I can no longer
add an account.

Lluis

 Tollbooth