qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization test

From: Ademar Reis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization tests
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:46:27 -0300

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 10:36:42AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> >>I don't understand what this would do.
> >
> > From the previous discussions on this topic, I suppose it would task the
> >autotest instance at autotest.qemu.org to run the block tests on my git
> >tree and send me an email with the results, or something like that. For
> >running full tests this would be a great thing to have, I don't want my
> >own development boxes to be busy for several hours. Not sure if it can
> >work for upstream, though.
>
> I don't think that's realistic from an upstream PoV.  We don't have
> the infrastructure today to host that and the companies that do have
> that infrastructure behind their firewall I imagine.

Sure, that's a goal for the long long run. We don't have anything
similar in autotest either. the host autotest.qemu.org was just an
arbitrary example.

> >And if you want to translate the syntax, I guess it would be make
> >remote=autotest.qemu.org check-block in your proposal. I'm fine with
> >either syntax.

Sure, make check-whatever looks good. It's less granular, but
equally good (and we can easily create the make targets if the
tool is flexible enough)

--
Ademar de Souza Reis Jr.
Red Hat