qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] New assertion failed for USB

From: Erik Rull
Subject: [Qemu-devel] New assertion failed for USB
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 10:46:35 +0100 (CET)

 Hi Gerd,

there are new assertion failed when plugging in a USB security dongle at
guest runtime.
They occur on the current GIT master  + your async patch.

/home/erik/qemu/hw/usb.c:352 usb_packet_complete: Assertion
'((&ep->queue)->tqh_first) == p' failed.
I got this only once and I'm currently not able to reproduce that.

Next one is:
Same security dongle (I tested two different hardware versions, both show
the same behaviour):
- They get detected at runtime (beside this one crash above) but it takes
quite long
- When being plugged in before guest startup I get the following assertion
- this seems to happen in BIOS before the guest OS actually boots:
/home/erik/qemu/hw/usb-uhci.c:967: uhci_fill_queue: Assertion 'ret == 2'
failed.

If you need further information, just let me know how to produce it.

Best regards,

Erik