qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 5/7] qxl-render: call ppm_save on callback

From: Alon Levy
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 5/7] qxl-render: call ppm_save on callback
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:26:01 +0100

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 03:47:08PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> > I was thinking to add a new command since I'll want to add the id, and
> > if I'm already adding a new command I'll put in a display number too.
>
> Big question is what the display number is supposed to be ...

Ah, yes, it's not specified well enough. So I guess it should actually
be two parameters:
 device path - whatever we are calling it nowadays.
 device specific monitor number (or frame buffer id).

This should be good enough for current 4 pci qxl devices, and future
proof for a single qxl with multiple monitor outputs. Same goes for
s/qxl/any other framebuffer device/, I'm just not sure which are there
(although I'll find out a little by trying out the arm emulater for the
r-pi).