qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Merging qemu-iotests into qemu.git?

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Merging qemu-iotests into qemu.git?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:42:25 +0100

Am 16.02.2012 21:53, schrieb Christoph Hellwig:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 04:01:58PM +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote:
>> Hi Christoph,
>>
>> I just talked to Stefan about our testing, both regarding the block
>> layer and qemu in general, and we came to the conclusion that it would
>> probably make sense to merge qemu-iotests into qemu.git.
>>
>> The immediate benefit would be that we could include some short-running
>> tests into 'make check'. Long-term we would profit from being in the
>> same tests/ directory as all future tests for other qemu subsystems, so
>> we could probably share quite some of the framework code. (We were
>> initially talking about image streaming tests, which need a real VM
>> instead of just qemu-img/io and some monitor interaction - it's easy to
>> imagine similar cases)
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> I'm fine with doing that.

Anthony, how would we merge this best?

I can rewrite the history of qemu-iotests to move everything into a
tests/qemu-iotests/ directory and rewrite the subject lines of all
commits to include "qemu-iotests" (actually I have just tried it out
locally, so this part is done). We could then just pull from this
temporary repository and keep all of the existing git history.

I would send a pull request then without reposting all the patches in
the history of qemu-iotests as some of them are pretty big.

Would that work for you? Should I add a Signed-off-by to each patch for
rewriting the history or would it be okay with Christoph's existing SoB?

Kevin