qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/7] qxl: introduce QXLCookie

From: Alon Levy
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/7] qxl: introduce QXLCookie
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:31:02 +0200

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:56:58AM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> > +        if (cookie == NULL) {
> > +            cookie = qxl_cookie_new(QXL_COOKIE_TYPE_IO,
> > +                                    QXL_IO_UPDATE_AREA_ASYNC,
> > +                                    0);
> > +        }
>
> Automagic cookie creation is still there.
> I think when cookie is NULL you should just pass it on ...

My bad, I thought I zapped it. I've fixed some issues, now it runs with
vnc and sdl fine (with my DisplayAllocation patch, didn't see yet if you
had any comments on it), so I'll make sure to remove this before sending
the next RFC.

> > -/* called from spice server thread context only */
> > -static void interface_async_complete(QXLInstance *sin, uint64_t cookie)
> > +static void interface_async_complete_io(PCIQXLDevice *qxl, QXLCookie
> > *cookie)
> >  {
> > -    PCIQXLDevice *qxl = container_of(sin, PCIQXLDevice, ssd.qxl);
> >      uint32_t current_async;
>
> ... and do "if (cookie == NULL) return;" here.

I can do that too.

> Which spice server version added async support?  IIRC this is 0.8.2?
>
> I'm tempted to raise the minimal supported version to 0.8.latest and zap
> a bunch of #ifdefs from the code.  What do you think?

How does that work? raise the minimal supported version in configure?
and in RHEL we would do that as well? should be fine. And solves
headaches of testing this with multiple spice-server versions. I'll do
it.