qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 7

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 7
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:04:33 +0100

On 02/07/2012 05:33 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hrm, I don't like that very much.

Yes, me neither actually.

If the object representing the state of the OMAP board (struct omap_mpu_state_s) is QOMified, the clocks can easily get under it in the composition tree. Right now, that part is not even qdev. :)

OMAP clocks are devices.  Don't they belong in the devices hierarchy
under the omap-clocks branch?

If they were devices, yes. But they're not, and it wouldn't have been a great time investment to refactor them. :)

Perhaps we can have /machine instead of /devices, a more generic name would do well. Then...

The fact that they aren't DeviceState's is because DeviceState is a pile
of cruft.  Perhaps we should introduce a more streamlined Device base
class and rename DeviceState to LegacyDevice or something like that.

... light-weight components can inherit straight from Object and go under /machine. There would be /machine/clocks for example.

Paolo