qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] virtio-net with virtio-mmio

From: Ying-Shiuan Pan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] virtio-net with virtio-mmio
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 18:16:42 +0800

Hi, all:

I'm very interested in virtio-mmio Peter Maydell did for QEMU,
(http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-11/msg01870.html)

actually, I've tested the virtio-blk, and it is working.
I applied those patch to QEMU-1.0 and brought the virtio_mmio.c from Linux-3.2-rc back to Linux-linaro-2.6.38.

I also found a small bug in virito-mmio.c: virtio_mmio_write(),
Peter forgot to break in each case of switch block.
After fixed the small bug, the virtio-balloon works as well.

Then, when I attempted to enable the virtio-net, the initialization part is fine,
however, the QEMU crashed and printed this message:
"virtio-net header not in first element"

It happens when the front-end virtio-net is invoking virtqueue_kick() at
the end of try_fill_recv().
Then, QEMU gets this message and invokes virtio_net_receive(), then the
error happens.

The parameters I passed to qemu-system-arm is
qemu-system-arm XXXXXXX -netdev type=tap,id=mynet -global
virtio-net-mmio.netdev=mynet
I don't know this is correct or not.

Does anyone have any idea of this problem?
Or give me some directions to solve this bug?

Any comment is welcome. I really appreciate your help!!

----
Best Regards,
Ying-Shiuan Pan