qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] qemu-test: a set of tests scripts for QEMU

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] qemu-test: a set of tests scripts for QEMU
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 11:55:42 -0600

On 12/19/2011 11:39 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 12/19/2011 07:13 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Hi,

I've published a set of tests I wrote over the weekend on qemu.org.
My motivations were 1) to prevent regressions like the libguestfs one
and 2) to have an easier way to do development testing as I work on
QEMU Object Model.

Now before sending the obligatory, "What about using KVM autotest"
reply, note that this is significantly different than KVM autotest and
really occupies a different use-case.

The consensus of that future thread is that kvm-autotest needs to be
able to driver qemu-test, with longer repeat counts where appropriate.

Ack.  I'm happy to help make the driver work too.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

This is similar to kvm-unit-tests btw, that too is a standalone project,
with some glue magic in kvm-autotest.  And they lived happily ever after.