qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/3] 128-bit support for the memory API

From: David Gibson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 0/3] 128-bit support for the memory API
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:54:01 +1100

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 11:05:47AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> On 10/30/2011 09:02 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
> >This somewhat controversial patchset converts internal arithmetic in the
> >memory API to 128 bits.
>
> Given the level of controversy, what do you think about deferring
> this to 1.1?

If it's deferred then one of my rearrangements for the arithmetic must
go in instead.  These patches fix real bugs, that bite us on pseries.
It's not the only way to fix those bugs, and probably not even my
personally preferred way to fix them, but they need to be fixed
_somehow_ for 1.0.

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson