qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + ARMMP11Core combination does not work

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + ARMMP11Core combination does not work
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 18:57:21 +0200

Hello Tushar,

Am 05.10.2011 14:14, schrieb TusharK:
> I am not getting any reply on this query. I do not know how should I use
> this combination and really stuck because of this. Can somebody from
> QEMU devel quickly provide me help in this regard? I do not know what is
> taking time to answer this query.

It may be urgent for you but it's not exactly the most commonly used
board for which everyone has kernels lying around. This a developers'
mailing list, not a 24/7 support hotline with guaranteed response times.

Your command line looks okay, so it's either your kernel, a bug in QEMU
or both.

If you've tested this on an old release version, then it might be
working better on git master; if you're on git master then there may be
regressions, Blue fixed a segfault recently and the Memory API
conversion has been breaking things left and right especially in rarely
used code.

> Let me know if anything is needed from
> my side.

Please respect general netiquette: Don't post the same question over and
over. I made you aware that your question was missing some essential
information for anyone to answer (in addition, you still didn't mention
what version of QEMU you are using), instead of you supplying it on the
list I now have three personal emails from you and you still no solution
- thus always reply to the list. Avoid HTML email format (which in your
case is bugging people with external ad images!), don't top-post, and
send any additional information or queries as reply to the existing thread.

Thanks,
Andreas