qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Correction: Announcing qemu-users - the unofficial mail

From: Anthony Liguori
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:21:19 -0500

On 09/30/2011 09:04 AM, Ottavio wrote:
On 30 September 2011 14:53, Anthony Liguori<address@hidden>  wrote:
You know, it's possible to actually talk to people instead of going off and
declaring that there's "lack of interest from the maintainers".

Both me and Stefan Weil had written to you and the list asking when
qemu-users was going to be available and there was no update since the
5th of Semptember. Considering there is no forum I though it was a
good idea to create one and now that it's there it's there to stay.

Just because there wasn't an update doesn't mean progress wasn't being made.

Honestly, I have no problem with anyone setting up whatever forums/mailing lists they want. The more the merrier.

But declaring there's lack of interest from the maintainers is simply not true. If you would have tried a little harder to reach out, you would have known that. qemu-devel gets thousands of mails a month. It's extremely easy for messages to get missed.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori