qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problem with serial port using Qemu

From: bala suru
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problem with serial port using Qemu
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 10:09:22 -0700

Hi,
I'm using ubuntu 9.04  on that i'm running ttylinux-i486-9.10( i486 )as a virtual machines .

I have created the virtual machine using KVM-Qemu .

I open the serial port using
fd=open("/dev/ttyS0, O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY | O_NONBLOCK);

I'm compiling this using gcc compiler, it complies with out any warning and also no error while opening the port .

I get error only when I tried to read or write to opened serial port .

i.e     write(fd,'c',1)

error I get is " Input/output error " .

regards

Bala