qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] TCG optimizations broke ppc64 target

From: David Gibson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] TCG optimizations broke ppc64 target
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:45:32 +1000

Commit 22613af4a6d9602001e6d0e7b6d98aa40aa018dc 'Add copy and constant
propagation' seems to break TCG emulation of the ppc64 target, at
least as we use it on the pseries machine.

After this patch, attempting to boot a kernel results in an abort() a
short way into the boot:

/home/dwg/ibm/kvm/qemu/tcg/tcg.c:1646: tcg fatal error
Aborted

I'm not very familiar with TCG - can anyone give me some pointers on
how to get the information necessary to debug this?

http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson